Level 3 Award in Pool Plant Operations
The objective of the Pool Plant Operations qualification is to enable learners to develop the skills, knowledge and understanding required to effectively run a pool plant room. The qualification provides the theory behind pool plant operations and maintenance, as well as providing learners with information on best practice principles and information on health, safety and legal responsibilities.
This qualification is for people who have a specific responsibility for pool plant operations, maintaining plant rooms, ensuring safe bather conditions and water testing. Some examples of sites where this qualification is required include: - Swimming Pools - Sports and Leisure Centres - Health Clubs - Spas (including those displayed in retail outlets / distributors / installers) - Hotels - Holiday Parks - Hydrotherapy Pools - Schools - Parks - Lidos - Interactive Water Features - Swim schools.
• Created by STA’s pool plant experts to provide you with quality training
• Regulated by Ofqual
• Training is in accordance with industry best practice and guidance from PWTAG, British and European Standards, HSG 179 and other HSE sources
• Meets CIMSPA’s employer-led pool plant operative professional standard and the essential knowledge and skills that are needed to meet the requirements of the sectors minimum deployment standard
• Will give you comprehensive knowledge on the maintenance and management of swimming pools, spas and interactive water features
• It qualifies you as the responsible person for pool plant management and maintenance at your wet leisure site.
The course is 21-hours of contact training time delivered over 3-days. It is assessed by the trainer through ongoing assessment as well as workbooks and a multiple choice exam paper.