National Pool Lifeguard
This course is specifically designed for those requiring the UK and Irelands leading lifeguard qualification. Lifeguards play an integral role in the health and safety of swimming pool users, this course will give you all the skills required to recognise the hazards, early intervention and rescue of casualties as well as delivering First Aid and aftercare.
This course is separated into 3 sections with 3 elements in each ;
Section 1 – The Lifeguard and the Law, Swimming Pool Supervision
• Element 1 – The Lifeguard and the Law
• Element 2 – Swimming Pool, Hazards and Control Measures
• Element 3 – Swimming Pool Supervision
Section 2 – Intervention and Rescue and Emergency Action Plans
• Element 1 – Intervention and Rescue
• Element 2 – Rescue of a Casualty with a Suspected Spinal Injury
• Element 3 – Emergency Action Plan
Section 3 – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, AED and First Aid
• Element 1 – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
• Element 2 – First Aid
• Element 3 – Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
Delivered over 5 days, this 36-hour course will include practical and classroom training. In-Water training will take place each day and potentially twice on some days.
You'll be given all the skills required in preparation for the assessment that takes place upon completion of the course. The assessment consists of Practical Pool assessment, Theory assessment for all 3 sections, Practical First Aid and CPR assessment. The course is physically demanding and will include swimming to set times, lifting casualties and diving to the deepest part of the swimming pool.