Level 2 Award in Principles of Manual Handling
This is an accredited 4 hour course in the Principles of Manual Handling. The objective of the qualification is to benefit learners through developing their understanding of the principles of safe manual handling so they can apply what they have learned to their working environment and make their practices safer.
This course will include:
• Introduction to manual handling
• What is manual handling
• The human body and the spine
• Common injuries
• Injury prevent and treatment
• Basic handling techniques – tailored to the working environment
• Manual handling Risk Assessment
The course is concluded with a multiple choice exam paper. Learners receive a full colour course manual for future reference.
Learners must be at least 14 years old on the first day of the training.