Paediatric First Aid
Held at our simulation centres for individuals or at your setting for a larger group, this Paediatric First Aid course will place you into scenarios you may experience within your daily job role as a childminder or EYFS teacher. Our instructors will set the scene to create memories you can call upon should your skills be called into action.
This course will include:
• Roles and responsibilities of a first aider
• First aid kit information and equipment
• Aims and priorities of first aid
• Primary assessment and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation for the adult, child and infant casualty
• The recovery position
• How to deal with minor, major bleeding and shock
• Dealing with seizures
• Identifying childhood and other medical conditions
On successfully completing the 12 hours of training, you will sit two multiple choice examination papers to confirm your learning and gain the accredited certificate which is valid for three years. You will also be awarded a full colour manual to keep for reference and be invited to keep their life saving skills up to date by attending an annual refresher course with us.
Learners must be at least 14 years old on the first day of the training