First Aid at Work – BLENDED
Our Blended Learning option will require 6 hours of pre-learning and 2 days of face to face contact.
E-learning MUST be completed before attending classroom training days.
Learners will receive an email inviting them to the learner portal to provide registration details for completing their e-learning course.
E-learning will be sent out approximately a week prior to the course is scheduled to start and will need to be completed before attending face to face training.
Learners will receive email reminders from Qualsafe Awards if e-learning is not completed.
This First Aid at Work training course is designed to meet the first aid requirements of a high risk working environment such as factories, food processing plants, hotels, leisure facilities, engineering environments etc.
The qualification will allow you to be a nominated first aider in your workplace.
This course will include:
• Roles and responsibilities of a first aider
• First aid kit information and equipment
• Aims and priorities of first aid
• Primary assessment and cardio pulmonary
• Resuscitation for the adult casualty
• Secondary assessment
• The recovery position
• Dealing with suspected spinal injuries
• How to deal with minor, major bleeding and shock
• Treatment for burns, head injuries, broken bones, crush and eye injuries
• Dealing with seizures
• Some common medical complaints
During your training, you will sit two multiple choice examination papers to confirm your learning and gain the accredited qualification which is valid for three years.
Each candidate will be given a full colour manual to keep for reference and be invited to keep their life saving skills up to date by attending an annual refresher course with us.
This course can be updated by attending a 2 day blended Re-qualification course prior to its expiry date (1 DAY OF E-LEARNING & 1 DAY FACE TO FACE TRAINING).
Learners must be at least 14 years old on the first day of the training