Emergency Paediatric First Aid
This accredited course is ideal for educational backgrounds. We can deliver this at your setting in a choice of ways, including after school or on planned inset days or at our simulation training centres, either way staff will receive comprehensive, unique approach to practical First Aid.
This course will include:
• Roles and responsibilities of a first aider
• First aid kit information and equipment
• Aims and priorities of first aid
• Primary assessment and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for the child casualty
• The Recovery Position
• How to deal with minor, major bleeding and shock
• Dealing with seizures
All students receive a full colour handout to keep. Training is concluded by the completion of a multiple exam question paper, followed by a certificate regulated by Qualsafe Awards (OFQUAL Awarding Body) and recommended by the Department for Education which is valid for three years.
Learners must be at least 14 years old on the first day of training.