How we use and protect your data
Our website is hosted by Eight Wire Ltd who are registered in England and Wales with company number 7936481 and whose registered office address is at Ebenezer Hall, 78 Trevethan Road, Falmouth, Cornwall, TR11 2AU United Kingdom. As part of In Safe Hands’ responsibility to protecting and preserving the privacy of our visitors when visiting our site, we commission Eight Wire Ltd to undertake regular maintenance and security updates to the website.
Our Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website and how we use it. We keep the information on a secure server and we do comply fully with all applicable UK Data Protection legislation and regulations in force. We will review our policies from time to time.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com. Alternatively, you can telephone 08448009902.
Who are we?
We are In Safe Hands Health and Safety Training & Consultancy Ltd, a privately owned limited company.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website when you contact us about services, if you directly give us any information via forms, if you make booking or purchase or if you sign up to receive email newsletters.
What type of information is collected from you?
Your privacy is important to us and we confirm that we will never release your personal details to any third party for their mailing or marketing purposes. The data that we collect is detailed below:
- The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, phone number.
- Information you provide to us by sending us a message through our website and information provided to us when you communicate with us electronically for any reason. If you contact us, we may keep a record of your email and other correspondence.
- Information that you provide us as a result of filling in forms on our website, such as registering for information or making a purchase.
If you make a purchase from us, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third-party payment processors Sage Pay, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
How is your information used?
We may use your information:
- to provide you with information relating to our website, product or our services that you request from us.
- to provide you with information on other products that we feel may be of interest to you in line with those you have previously expressed an interest in via our website.
- to process a booking, you have made.
- to seek your views or comments on the services we provide.
- to notify you about any changes to our website, including improvements, and service or product changes.
- to send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about events, promotions, offers, job offers, information about our courses and replies to requests and bookings enquiries/confirmations and requalification/renewal reminders.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, most of our courses are renewed every three years. This is an additional free service we provide to make sure that our clients stay compliant.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
When you are using our secure online booking system, your purchase is processed by a third-party payment processor, who specialises in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. If you have any questions regarding secure transactions, please contact us.
How Do I opt out?
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. You can unsubscribe in one of two ways:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of marketing emails sent to you
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 08448009902 and we will process your request within 7 days
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent.
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you wish to update your details, please email us at email@example.com or telephone 08448009902.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Any sensitive information (such as credit or debit card details) is encrypted and protected across the entire website.
Links to other websites
If you were referred to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third-party site.
Those aged 16 or Under
If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Review of this Policy
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular website. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
These files are then read by the website each time you return to the site. These text files allow a website to remember your device and how you interacted with the website, which is useful for a number of different purposes.
When you visit our website for the first time, a cookie is downloaded onto your PC. The next time you visit, your PC checks to see if it has a cookie that is relevant (that is, one containing our site name) and sends the information contained in that cookie back to our site.
- When strictly necessary
- To provide functionality
- To improve performance
What cookies do In Safe Hands Training use?
Visitors to our website may generate the following types of cookies:
- Google analytics
- Site performance
- Geotargetting ???
How do I turn cookies off?
It is possible to stop your browser accepting cookies however this may mean that we cannot not see if you are logged into your account and may affect your bookings. some essential features on BBC sites just won’t work without cookies. And having other cookies switched off can seriously affect the way you’ll be able to enjoy our services.
Modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings within the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your browser.
Thank you for browsing.