First Aid at Work
This course is designed to meet the first aid requirements of a high risk working environment such as factories, food processing plants, hotels, leisure facilities, engineering environments etc.
The qualification will allow you to be a nominated first aider in your workplace.
This course will include:
• Roles and responsibilities of a first aider
• First aid kit information and equipment
• Aims and priorities of first aid
• Primary assessment and cardio pulmonary
• Resuscitation for the adult casualty
• Secondary assessment
• The recovery position
• Dealing with suspected spinal injuries
• How to deal with minor, major bleeding and shock
• Treatment for burns, head injuries, broken bones, crush and eye injuries
• Dealing with seizures
• Some common medical complaints
On successfully completing 18 hours of training, you will sit two multiple choice examination papers to confirm your learning and gain the accredited certificate which is valid for three years. Each candidate will be awarded a full colour manual to keep for reference and be invited to keep their life saving skills up to date by attending an annual refresher course with us.
This course can be updated be attending a 2 day re-qualification course prior to its expiry date. Learners must be at least 14 years old on the first day of the training